Artificial Grass for Dogs
Quickgrass – FAQs – How can we help?
Here are some of the most common questions we get asked at Quickgrass. We hope you find the answers useful. If you have a question that you can’t find the answer to then please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
Sand infill is required on all our grasses apart from Richmond & Blenheim which is optional. Here at Quickgrass we believe that infill of silca sand is going to have more benefits than not to infill. We do have grasses in our range that allow you not to sand infill for those difficult areas such as roof terrace, balconies.
We recommend sand infill for a number of reasons .
- Helps maintain the pile structure.
- Protects the anchor point of the grass.
- Turning and twisting on the grass is helped by the sand taking up the pressure of the foot weight & movement on the grass.
- Extreme heat in the summer helps absorb the temperature.
- When placing heavy Items on top of the grass the sand will help take up that added load protecting the grass fibres. e.g Swimming Pools, Large garden structures .
- Sand Infill can help on DIY projects where a rigid fixing frame has not been used.
- This will help weigh down the grass and keep the surface even and crease free when using with fixings u pins.
- A minimum of 5kg silca sand per M2 should be used , on areas which will have very heavy footfall you can increase the sand application
- With sand application a simple stiff brush against the pile when applying the sand.
- Regular brushing with plastic rake and brush will help maintain the look of your grass and remove any particles that have landed into the surface.